The Heart Behind Taco Bout Your Day
We thought we’d drop by and share more about the latest initiative we’ve started as we’ve been receiving some questions on how this works, and also to thank all our subscribers for their support, xx.
The Inspiration Behind Taco Bout Your Day
TLDWR (Too Long, Don’t Wanna Read); In a nutshell, this initiative acts as your personal digital journal where you can type in your own reflections for the week, and uplifts your mornings with daily prompts, words of encouragement, and insightful reads!
Almost all of us check our phones the moment we wake up - where we're often greeted with work emails, messages from our colleagues, news on the latest happenings in the world and occasionally demoralising messages. We click in to social media to see images of people living the perfect life or friends travelling the world.
In today's world, we wake up to overwhelming notifications and often, a heavy heart.
With the Taco Bout Your Day initiative, we hope to change this. We want to bring you personalised quotes and journal prompts, straight to your WhatsApp. We hope to remind you to focus on yourself, to love yourself, and be happy. We want to bring you happy notifications.
Your mental health and care for yourself is more important than the pressing work emails or texts chasing you for an answer. You are worth your own time to reflect, be mindful and feel loved.
How Does It Work
1. SGD$14.90 is the subscription fee for a month. Your subscription will start one day after successful payment.
2. In the options section, choose the theme that is most applicable to your current phase of life. You’ll be receiving quotes related to this theme for the month. You can always make changes in the next month.
3. Include anything you’d like us to know in the notes section - such as things you’re going through in your life now. It will help us in choosing a quote for you!
4. You will receive a customised quote every morning, before 11am. Each quote is sent individually via WhatsApp, so please bear with us as we work to get them out! They will come to you in various formats, GIFs, texts, articles worth reading and images :)
5. Every Sunday will be a day of reflection. We will be sending you journal prompts in the evening, on top of your morning quotes, to reflect on your week. You can treat our WhatsApp chat like your digital journal - your secrets are safe with us.
Explaining Our Subscription Fee
Many have asked the rationale behind imposing a subscription fee… and that is mainly due to:
Each text is sent personally by someone from our team. Each morning we curate quotes to send to our subscribers based on the theme they chose / any story they have shared with us. Each text is specially curated for you. We will never automate our texts!
We only want people who are really keen in the service to subscribe, and not just because it’s yet-another-freebie-in-the-market. We want to focus our time and effort catering to our subscribers!
50% of the proceeds will go to the Singapore Association of Mental Health (do note that this is not affiliated to SAMH, we'll just be donating on your behalf)
Future Plans For Taco Bout Your Day
It’s very exciting because we want to do soooooo many things with this initiative once it starts growing. Here’s a peek into some of our plans:
Offer care packages to our subscribers (think discount codes to treat yourself, a free bubble tea on us when you’re hit with Monday Blues, movie tickets on your birthday month, and more!)
Organise small group workshops where subscribers can meet up and have a chat while working on a craft together (always nice to make new friends, don’t you think?)
Having proceeds go towards the Singapore Association for Mental Health, because at the end of the day, the importance of mental health awareness is what we truly stand for.
Here’s where you can subscribe: https://www.thecerealwriter.com/shop